Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

2-20-14



I forgot my journal with my notes in it so this email might be totally wack but bare with me.


So yesterday we were chosen to be Hosts! Which is basically just the people who introduce and welcome all the new missionaries and bring them to their rooms and classes. It's an awesome experience and I'm so honored to do it for the rest of the time I'm here. Also, our zone recieved 2 new districts yesterday! So now we're the old ones and they're super fresh. We welcomed them all into our zone and I'm so excited to get to know them all in the next couple weeks! It's kind of weird sometimes being a Sister Training leader because I have different responsibilities and I miss class sometimes for them (which i do not like one bit) but it's okay, I love learning more about my zone.


Okay so you might want to take a seat for this one......anything fragile around?......if you have any heart or problems with seizures I wouldn't advice you to read this next thing too quickly....
..........................


So as you all know I am in the MTC choir, so we get to go to devotionals super early and we have reserved seats... so I don't know if you remember last week the Pres. of UVU Matthew Holland was speaking at our Sunday devo. ya... see where I'm going with this?...................




ELDER HOLLAND AND HIS WIFE SHOWED UP. ya.


I'm still freaking out about it.


He didn't specifically speak, but he did introduce his son with a few kind words and even then the spirit was RADIATING throughout the room. We were loving life. The talk by Matt Holland was about Joseph Smith, and in between his talk the UVU Institute choir sang different songs about Joseph smith and it was beautiful. Loved every second of it. Greattttt experience. Oh and it was Sister Hollands bday so the whole MTC sang Happy Birthday to her haha. SO BOMB.


We've been teaching this lady Nayeli and she's a real investigator and it's been a really good experience so far. she's so sweet and we've all grown to love her so much. I hope she keeps in touch. But hey! The Elders in my district (who might I add are basically the best and most diligent hardworking elders ever) have been teaching a gold tag investigator (which means a real investigator) and THEY JUST SET A BAPTISM APPOINTMENT. Like, in real life, he wants to get baptized! And it's scheduled for 2 days before we leave. so we're all really excited for that.


I have learned so much doctrine this week I can't even seem to focus on one thing to write about in my email. But just one thing. I am started to truly realize how important and sacred being a missionary is. We are literally, LITERALLY, representatives of Jesus Christ. And sometimes that can be a little intimidating/overwhelming. But also, suchhhh a blessing. I am loving life so much. The gospel is SO true. I think I have finally found my passion. I have such a boiling desire to learn more and more about this gospel and religion in general. And my teachers are literally the best and are such role models to me. Every day, I am SO excited to see them and hear what they have to teach me. My testimony has grown so strong. I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO HAVE WHAT I HAVE IT KILLS ME. If only they all knew. And that is why I am going to show them, and teach them, and invite them to come unto Christ and streghthen their faith. Love it. I can't even explain to you all the feelings I have for this gospel.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! I wish I could tell you in person! Love you. Stay bald.... I mean, gold ;)


Remember that you are all children of God. And he wants you to be happy. He wants you to come unto Him. Don't forget your purpose here on Earth. Don't forget your potential. Every soul is great in the sight of God. I love you all so much. I hope your all doing well in the real world. All is well in Zion.


Con amor,
Hermana Waddell


PS. don't send us anymore food. we have enough to feed a whole country. Gracias :)


also, my companion is a model. check her outtttttt (jk dont do that, she's a missionary)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com