Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Last email from MTC 2-27-14



I leave Monday for Mexico. It's finally starting to hit me, and it's a little overwhelming to be honest. I am so excited and also so nervous, which is normal. One of the biggest sacrifices for me is not being able to go to the temple for the rest of my mission. That will be hard. But the Lord's work will definitely be worth it.


So funny/horrible story!
This Monday I woke up ya know, supaa early in da morning; didn't see my companion in bed but I heard somebody in the bathroom so I just did my morning prayers and such. Once I started walking around the apartment I realized that was not her in the bathroom. Or in the other room, or anywhere. Sooooo, I started to kind of freak out. I asked the other Hermanas in the apartment if they knew where she was...nada. I grabbed an Hermana from the trio for splits to go look for her. We ran to our old apartment that we just moved out of to see if she mightve went in there... nada. Thought maybe she slept walked and went outside...nada... So then of course we start to expect the worse. And it was a horrible feeling. We all said a prayer together, kind of frantically and then we decided we should go to the office to call our Branch president..... We're running, I'm in a tshirt and tights, the other Hermana(Steoger) is wearing a purple flower mumu and SECONDs before we run through the front door of the office I remember.....She's in Vegas.
ya. She went to get her Visa stuff figured out and I forgot. She left at like 4 in the morning and didn't wake any of us up so we all forgot and ya. Probably doesnt sound like that big of a deal, but it messed up my day for sure. haha.


On a spiritual note, again, I've learned so much this week. Especiallyl the power that Satan has on our feelings of inadequacy and/or any other bad feeling. It can be overwhelming and cause you to forget the power of our Heavenly Father. Don't let this happen. It is not fun or even close to worth it. Remember that every good thing is of God, Moroni 7:12


12 Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and thatwhich is evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an enemy untoGod, and fighteth against him continually, and inviteth andenticeth to sin, and to do that which is evil continually.



If there is ever bad feelings or thoughts, they are NOT of God. period. Do not let Satan in, do not let him win. Heavenly Father is standing there with open arms and a soft heart for anything that you need. I have such a strong testimony in the power of prayer and the comfort and power that Heavenly Father has for me, for everyone. If you all could only feel the love of God in my life. His hand is literally in everything I do. Without him, I would be nowhere, I could do nothing. He is the reason I am where I am today. I have been so humbled. And continue to be. So how can we become closer to God and Christ in order for these blessings?


In 2 Nephi 31:10 it says "Follow thou me. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, can we follow Jesus save we shall be willing to keep the commandments of the Father?"
(I'm stealing this example from Hno. Beatty)
But when you follow somebody, you usually watch what theyre doing right? Every step of the way, every stop and turn. Why do you usually follow someone?
Because they know where theyre going right?


Do you think that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father know where theyre going?


Are you following Christ's footsteps and striving to come closer to our Heavenly Father?


I love you all so much. Something that Elder Ronneburg said in class the other day, "We're not learning a new language, we're remembering how to speak it."


All is well in Zion,
Con amor,
Hermana Waddell





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com