Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

So, I don't remember anyone mentioning how heartbreaking it would be when the investigators we have aren't progressing. We are teaching some awesome people, but at the same time, really difficult. It seems like half the people here need to get married, and then half of those people dont have the money to do it. We work so hard and think that they are progressing and then, boom. They don't show up to church. Or, boom. The started smoking again, or realized they dont have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. It's so hard sometimes because I have all this knowledge of things and I'm sharing it with them, and they just don't seem to understand the importance of it sometimes! How frustrating.
But its okay. I'm really starting to catch on to the language. Well, you know, for the most part. And now I can actually listen to what the people are saying, and teach them according to what they need personally. Im learning so much. Im growing so much. (spiritually... and physically from those pan dulces!) Haha nah not really. But seriously, I have changed my perspective on learning, to study for my investigators and people I teach instead of for myself. And the change is phenomenal. Im so much more focused. Focused on my purpose here and focused on what the Lord wants of me, not what I want. Its a great feeling. Exhausting and sometimes frustrating, but amazing.
Ive been thinking a lot about a scripture in Jacob 2.. creo, but it's about our thoughts being the reason for our sins. Now, this is something that seems really obvious right? But at the same time, really difficult. How can we keep our thoughts SO clean, that we dont even THINK to sin? Not letting our mind wander is probably one of the most important things we can focus on. If we always keep a clean mind, we will always have a clean spirit.
I hope you all have the Liahonas so that you can study the talks from our leaders. And also coming up the new one with all the talks from general conference. Cherish these words. Use them as a map for the decisions you make in life. I am so grateful for this gospel, and for the priesthood that it holds. Without the priesthood we could not do what the Lord wants of us. It is SO important, and we need to recognize and learn about the power of the priesthood. What a sacred calling the men in our church hold. I am forever grateful.
Well, I love you all. I had hamburgers yesterday, so a little taste of America was nice. Also, Im starting to get accustomed to the food here, POR FIN!
But ya, pray for my investigators! They need as many as they can get. And remember your purpose in life. Dont waste time forgetting to become like Him.


Con mucho amor,
Hna Waddell
also, we played futbol today and I made 2 goals, HOLLA.


                                                    District trainers at MTC

            Chicken feet soup... Didn't eat it, would not eat it.......ever
                            Found a cool Polaroid sweatshirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com